Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Puppet Master From Afar

I sat crouched on the old, gray, partially rotted Oak stump from where once there was a majestic Oak tree that stool tall & proud amongst the forest. Now all that was left of it was this old stump that no longer had real life or even much beauty left to it. However, I appreciate it for what it was & for what it is now. I rather enjoyed sitting on it & we had come to know one another rather well over the years, as I would take a rest on it after my usual trek through the beautiful trails of the woods.

This day was bright & sunny & such a wonderful day to go walking. I could see very clearly through the wheat field at the clearing of the forest. The sunlight glazed against the slight greenery of the wheat as the gentle breeze caused it to sway ever so slightly. I thought to myself what a beautiful landscape that my eyes were getting the priviledge to view.

At the other end of the wheat field, I suddenly saw movement. Oh, I quickly realized it as just the puppet master & his puppet. For this has been going on for years. I almost decided not to even watch; as this was a common occurance & I had watched these episodes many times before with no resolution or happy ending for the puppet that so desperately wanted out of the monotonous routine. However, I decided that since I was so comfortable on old Mr. Oak stump & the weather was so beautiful & nice that I would watch another continuing episode of the drama that was about to be played out before me.

The puppet master began his usual manuevering & ever so perfect manipulation of the puppet. The puppet did as ordered; however, I could sense the desire to not want to follow his orders. The desire to be free of his control & no longer have her strings controlled. She wanted to cut the strings & be set free to control her own movements & actions as she so wanted to & not as her master chose her to do. However, as always, she gave in again & moved & coordinated whatever act he chose her to perform. She did these acts with as much graciousness & pride as she could muster up within her; even though, each day became harder & harder to endure. He had become the master of her life. He bore the road map to the pathway & journey of her life. She knew that escape from the puppet master was futile & that she would not be able to survive for long without him. Once she had managed to just slightly disappear for a bit, as he had become distracted in a conversation & for a few brief moments had lost track of her whereabouts. Once he finished his conversation, he thought, "Oh my, where might she be?" It didn't take him long to find her, as she had not gone far when she decided to turn back & endure her life under control because she feared being out in the world alone. For she did not know how to control her life herself nor maneuver through life without her puppet master.

So, today I watch as the usual performance goes on & control is not relinquished; but, rather carries on as it will today, tomorrow, & forever. The puppet knows this & this is why she bears the lines of a frown around her mouth due to sadness & despair. She does the routine & maneuvers that he orders & does them ever so perfectly & beautiful. She has perfected this with many years of master manipulation by her puppet master. He smiles down at her & lifts her to his chest & hugs her along with giving her a kiss on her flaccid lips. He tells her how lucky he is to have her in his life & that nothing will ever take take them apart. She hugs him back reluctantly with such sadness noted upon her face that I feel pain myself for her. No smile or emotion is noted upon her face, just flaccidity. He turns & she turns to head off with him, together, into his home of fantasy & her home of imprisonment.

I feel depressed for a few moments after watching this latest scene of the two that was laid about before my eyes. However, I shake it loose & remember that this has been going on for longer that I can even remember & all that I can do is pray for the puppet's freedom from the puppet master one day. I get up off of the old, gray Oak stump & back through the wooded trail I go towards home. Feelings of freedom envelope me as I walk through such peace & beauty amongst the forest. I appreciate even more what I have. I see the sunlight bright at the other end of the trail & continue my approach. Ahhhh, home I can see & a sheer rush of happiness comes over me. Home Sweet Home. There is nothing that I like better than my home, except for, . . . . . . . . . . . .  FREEDOM!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment